I was really excited when USA Today asked me to be a part of its “Small Business” campaign and share some of my thoughts and tips on what constitutes success on and off the field. As I mentioned earlier this week when I shared the great news of being included with my GMA co-anchors on The Hollywood Reporter’s “35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2019” list, I truly feel like I am living my dream—I found success in football and in business by working hard, having people around me who believed in me, and believing in myself. I was really happy to be able to share some of the lessons I’ve learned about identifying and reaching your goals in business with USA Today. Here are some of the highlights:
- Know your brand and do your best to keep in line with that every day.
- When people feel appreciated, it makes everyone want to give it their all.
- In order to make it big, you’ve got to start small.
- Hard work, focus, and the ability to make others see your idea are crucial to finding success in small business.
- Always be curious and don’t be afraid to fail.
Take a look at the entire article here.