Most people who know me well know how I’m always working to keep myself at the top of my game—body, mind, and soul. At a conference I attended recently, I had the opportunity to meet a really incredible man named Jim Kwik. Jim is the founder of Kwik Learning, and if he broke down what he does for you, he would say, simply, that he helps people learn quickly. He teaches techniques to fight off mental fatigue and brain fog, and improve on memory issues. Jim’s lessons help us to turn our “superhero brain,” reminding us of what our brains are capable of (hint: a lot) if we just do the work.
Learning quickly is a critical business skill, and so Jim’s advice is something that can help us all stay on point and focused. Jim believes in creating good habits and rituals in order to help us rewire our brains to improve and grow and, eventually, transform our lives. (Fun fact: Children are the fastest learners on the planet. The key? They love to play.) You should discover what Jim Kwik is all about for yourself, but here are a few of his suggestions for staying sharp:
- Get your body moving to get your brain “grooving.”
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
- Feed your brain with good foods.
- Write down three things you’re grateful for every day.
- Declutter by throwing away things you haven’t used for a long time.
- Use more positive words with yourself and with others.
- Learn regularly: read, listen to podcasts or audiobooks, whatever gives your
- Sleep … and even nap when you need to.
- Disconnect so you can reconnect.